PERSONAL DATA & COOKIES POLICY
Last updated: 09 October 2012
The policy below details the data protection and cookies policy of Jas Hennessy & Co, having its registered address in France, Cognac (16100), rue de la Richonne, (“Hennessy”) with regard to personal data provided on the website (www.hennessy.com) (the “Site”).
Hennessy respects your concerns regarding the confidentiality of personal information and data provided by you. By providing your personal information and data, you consent to the use, analysis and, where applicable, disclosure of such information under the terms and conditions outlined below.
1. GENERAL INFORMATION
Hennessy may collect personal data via the Site from users in relation notably with documents or services request, visit booking or subscription to certain services (eg last & first name, e-mail address, age, city, state and country of residence, telephone number ).
Any personal data you may be providing Hennessy with for the use of certain services is governed by the French law n°78-17 “Informatique et Libertés” dated 6 January 1978 (amended).
2. RIGHT TO ACCESS, CORRECT AND DELETE DATA AND TO OBJECT TO DATA PROCESSING
You are entitled to access, correct and delete your personal data, and to object to the processing of such data. You may exercise this right, at any time, by writing to the following address: Jas Hennessy & Co, Consumer Relations Department, rue de la Richonne, CS 20020 16101 Cognac Cedex (France) or by sending an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. MANAGEMENT OF PERSONAL DATA
3.1 Purpose of data collection
Hennessy collects your personal data via the Site only for the following purposes:
- sending information about Hennessy and its activities and, with your consent, advertising or business prospecting messages,
- booking of visit,
- set-up of a personal account,
- statistics, studies and analysis, marketing, improvement of the Site, products and services of Hennessy,
Mandatory information must be entered in the information fields marked with an asterisk in the data collection forms. If these fields are not completed, we are unable to address your query and/or to provide the services requested.
3.2 Retention of data
Data is retained for a period appropriate to the purposes for which it was collected and is, in any event, destroyed at the end of a six (6) month period unless for the cases outlined below for which data will be destroyed:
• 1 month after you unsubscribe from newsletter and/or press releases,
• 1 month after you close your personal account,
• 1 year from the date of request of visit booking
3.3 Data recipients
Hennessy is the recipient of the data. Hennessy may communicate your personal data to third parties only provided that:
- you have given your prior consent to such communication to a third party, and/or,
- Hennessy has to share such information with third parties in order to provide the products or service you have requested, and/or,
- Hennessy is required by a judicial authority or any other administrative authority to provide it with such information.
For the purposes (i) of technical management of the storage of your personal data and (ii) of managing the treatment activities, your data will be stored on a centralized basis on servers hosted by our provider:
Company name: Link By Net
Registered office: 5-9 rue de l’Industrie, 93 200 Saint-Denis, France
Tel.: +33 (0)1 48 13 00 00
Company N°: 430 359 927
3.4 Data security and privacy
Hennessy makes every effort to put in place suitable precautions to safeguard the security and privacy of personal data, and to prevent it from being altered, corrupted, destroyed or accessed by unauthorized third parties.
However, Hennessy does not control each and every risk related to the use of the Internet, and therefore warns the Site users of the potential risks involved in the functioning and use of the Internet.
These Cookies do not allow us to identify users individually and their duration is strictly limited to the duration of your browser session.
Unless you prefer to disable these Cookies as indicated below, the following Cookies will be placed on your terminal:
SESS + User_ID : To give and recognize during a single user session his/her session ID in order to avoid to ask again the requested information (age, country of residence and if relevant his/her login and password) during a same navigation on the Site.
__utma, __utmb, __utmz : Webanalytics Cookie from Google analytics enabling to collect statistical and anonymous information about Site navigation (notably seen pages, date, time and duration of connexion).
You can disable Cookies in your web browser. However, this may disable all cookies used by your browser, including those from other websites, which may cause certain settings or information to be altered or lost. Disabling cookies may change your browsing experience on the Site, or may make navigating around the Site more difficult.
You can disable cookies in your web browser as follows:
Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 and above:
1. Go to "Tools", then "Internet Options".
2. Click on the "Privacy" tab.
3. Use the cursor to select the level you require.
Microsoft Internet Explorer 5:
1. Go to "Tools", then "Internet Options".
2. Click on the "Security" tab.
3. Select "Internet", then click on "Custom Level".
4. Under "cookies", select the option you want.
Netscape 6.x and 7.x:
1. Click the "Edit" menu, then "Preferences".
2. Privacy and security.
1. Go to "Tools", then "Options".
2. Click on the "Privacy" setting.
Safari 3.x for Mac OS X:
1. Click the "Edit" menu.
2. Click the "Preferences" option.
3. Click the "Security" option.
4. Click "Display cookies".
5. CHANGES TO OUR PRIVACY AND COOKIES POLICY
Hennessy may make changes to this policy. We will ensure that you are informed of such changes, either via a special message on the Site, or via a customized notice, for example when we send newsletters.
6. PROTECTION OF PERSONS UNDER LEGAL ALCOHOL CONSUMPTION AND PURCHASING AGE
As the access to the Site is governed by Terms & Conditions, Hennessy does not collect any data or information concerning persons who are under legal alcohol consumption and/or purchasing age in their country of residence.