HENNESSY CELEBRATES LUNAR NEW YEAR
Hennessy partnered with visionary Chinese artist Zhang Huan to create a one-of-a-kind artwork in celebration of the Year of the Rat and the 150th anniversary of Hennessy X.O.
A MASTERFUL COLLABORATION
Hennessy celebrates Lunar New Year, the Year of the Rat, and the 150th anniversary of Hennessy X.O. To mark this auspicious conjunction, Hennessy has partnered with Zhang Huan, one of the most influential contemporary artists from China, to create an original work of art that blends two bold cultures and traditions.
Eaux-de-vie by Zhang Huan
Zhang Huan’s Eaux-de-vie is an expansive ode to the richness of both Hennessy cognac and Chinese culture. It explores New Year themes of nature’s eternal cycle and sharing from generation to generation.
Iridescent bubble detail
Detail highlighting use of visual depth
Detail highlighting vibrant colors
NEW COCKTAILS FOR THE NEW YEAR
1.5 oz Hennessy X.O
1.5 oz Sweet Vermouth
1.5 oz Campari
Garnish: Orange twist
Pour Hennessy X.O into a mixing glass with ice. Add remaining ingredients and stir gently. Strain over large ice cube into a rocks glass. Garnish with orange twist.
1.5 oz Hennessy V.S.O.P
.25 oz apricot brandy
.5 oz of Agave Nectar
.75 oz Lemon Juice
3 oz Rooibos tea
Garnish: lemon twist & (optional) gold
Add ice to shaker then pour all ingredients on top. Shake to chill and strain over fresh ice into a collins glass. Garnish with a lemon twist and optional gold sugar spheres.
LUNAR NEW YEAR EDITIONS OF HENNESSY
Gift special Lunar New Year editions of Hennessy X.O and Hennessy V.S.O.P and celebrate the prosperity of the Year of the Rat and new beginnings with those you love.
In 1870, Maurice Hennessy created Hennessy X.O for his circle of friends and introduced a new style of cognac. Hennessy X.O is the Original, the emblematic icon of the Hennessy Maison.
Deep and powerful, the eaux-de-vie of this Hennessy X.O cognac are aged in young barrels and marked out by their power and energy, but also by their capacity to achieve a great roundness through time.
Our Tasting Committee has explored every facet of the blend and identified several emotions that were assimilated to an Odyssey through 7 chapters:
- Sweet Notes: The palate is warmly embraced by flavors of candied fruit.
- Rising Heat: The intriguing sensation of an intense, rising heat slowly reveals the complex taste of eaux-de-vie patiently aged in oak barrels.
- Spicy Edge: Perception of a strong spicy cognac note, tantalising the lips and palate with its distinct peppery flavor intertwined with a hint of chocolate.
- Flowing Flame: A wave of warmth grows, crests and then breaks. A robust presence, full and voluptuous, is felt.
- Chocolate Lull: There is the gradual discovery of something very familiar. It is the well-rounded flavor of a rich, dark chocolate.
- Wood Crunches: A striking sensation is suddenly felt – the vigorous ebb and flow of oak notes interlaced with vanilla.
- Infinite Echo: The evanescent oak notes leave a long, omnipresent finish in their wake. Seemingly endless, it echoes all of the subtleties of each taste and sensation that has preceded it.
Please register to stay in touch with Hennessy and receive our latest news.