The sage brings a slightly floral and savory element to the cocktail, allowing the deeper notes of Hennessy V.S.O.P to still shine through.
- difficulty level: easy
- difficulty level: intermediate
- difficulty level: advanced
- 2 parts Hennessy V.S.O.P
- 1 bar Spoon Yellow Chartreuse
- 1 bar Spoon Honey Syrup (1:1)
- 3 dashes Peychaud Bitters
- 7 Sage Leaves
- 1 Sage Leaf
- Add the 7 sage leaves to the bottom of a mixing glass and press them with a muddler.
- Add all other ingredients with ice and stir to chill.
- Strain into a rocks glass.
- Garnish with a sage leaf.
Since 1765, Maison Hennessy has perfected the art of cognac-making, a tradition perpetuated by eight generations of Master Blenders. A legacy of cultural openness lets Maison Hennessy shine around the world, wherever its celebrated cognacs are shared.
In 1817, James Hennessy created a unique blend for the future King George IV of England. From the encounter of these two visionaries, was born the first Hennessy “Very Superior Old Pale,” know today as Hennessy V.S.O.P.
The savoir-faire of the Maison Hennessy is fully expressed in this balanced cognac: the selection of eaux-de-vie, aging and assemblage. A cognac of remarkable consistency and vitality, Hennessy V.S.O.P conveys all of the savoir-faire of the Hennessy master blenders who have ensured the continued success of this harmonious assemblage for 200 years.
You can send your favorite Hennessy recipes to your loved ones with one click, you will find in the redirect links below the possibility to share your favorite cocktail on your social networks.
Please register to stay in touch with Hennessy and receive our latest news.