Free Throw Challenge Terms and Conditions and Privacy Notice
Moet Hennessy U.K. Limited
1. Your entry in to this competition is governed by these terms and conditions (the “Terms and Conditions”). Promotional materials relating to the competition, including all entry instructions, also form part of these Terms and Conditions. In the event of any conflict between any terms referred to in such promotional materials and these Terms and Conditions, these Terms and Conditions take precedence.
2. The promoter is Moët Hennessy U.K. Limited, with company number 00371236 and its registered office at 18 Grosvenor Gardens, London, SW1W 0DH (“MHUK”).
3. To find out how MHUK processes your personal data in relation to this competition, please see the Data Protection Notice at the end of these Terms and Conditions.
4. This competition is open to legal residents of the Great Britain who are aged 18 or over, other than employees of MHUK and their immediate families, their associated companies, and anyone else professionally connected with the competition.
5. MHUK reserves the right to verify the eligibility of participants in this competition. MHUK may require such information as it considers reasonably necessary for this purpose and a prize may be withheld until MHUK is satisfied with the verification. If a winner is found to be ineligible, MHUK may award the prize to another participant and may require the return of any prize already awarded.
6. To enter the competition you must play the Game (as defined below) at the Hennessy x NBA pop-up at Box Park Shoreditch, which is taking place between 27-31 October 2021 (the “Event”) and provide your contact details to a member of staff at the Event. The opening times for the Event are: 1pm-9pm on 27, 28 and 31 October and 2pm-10pm on 29 and 30 October.
7. You must try to score as many shots as you can in 60 seconds from the free throw line on the floor (the “Game”). If you exceed or match the highest score of the day, you must provide your contact details to a member of staff at the Event so that MHUK can contact you if you are the winner. You may also be asked for your contact details if you are in second place, in case the individual in first place cannot be contacted or does not claim the Prize (as defined below).
8. You can play the Game as many times as you like, however after each turn you will be asked to re-join the queue for the Event.
9. You are not required to enter the competition to play the Game, however if you play the Game without entering the competition, you will not be eligible to win a Prize.
10. There are five prizes each consisting of a Hennessy x NBA gift box (the “Prize”). Each Prize contains one Hennessy x NBA cap, one Hennessy x NBA jersey, one Hennessy x NBA basketball, one 70cl bottle of Hennessy VS, one ginger ale mixer and two Hennessy branded glasses. The preferred jersey size will be noted but cannot be guaranteed.
11. Unless otherwise stated, any expenses incurred by the winner(s) in the enjoyment of the Prize are the sole responsibility of the winner.
12. The Prize must be delivered to an address in Great Britain. Any further Prize details will be confirmed when the winner is contacted.
13. MHUK reserves the right to substitute the Prize with another prize of equal or greater value if circumstances make this necessary.
14. If the Prize is declined, or a winner cannot take up a prize or does not claim the Prize within 72 hours of notification from MHUK that they have won, the Prize will be forfeited, and MHUK may, at its sole discretion: (a) award the Prize to the next best score; or (b) draw a replacement winner in the event first place was tied. If second place is tied, MHUK may follow the same process as set out in paragraph 17 below. MHUK will not be responsible for any inability of the winner to take up the specified prize.
15. The Prize is as stated and is non-exchangeable and non-transferable. No cash or other alternative will be offered.
16. The winner(s) will be the individuals who score the greatest number of shots in 60 seconds on each day of the Event.
17. In the event of a tie, MHUK will select a winner at random using a computer process that produces verifiably random results, from the top scorers for that day. The winners will be contacted by 5pm on Monday 1st November 2021 using the details provided to enter the competition.
18. MHUK is required to make available the surname and county of the winner of the competition. To find out the surname and county of the winner, please send a stamped addressed envelope to Marketing Department, Moet Hennessy UK Limited, 18 Grosvenor Gardens, London, SW1W 0DH within one month of the Closing Time. If you object to your information being made available, please contact MHUK. In such circumstances, MHUK must still provide the information to the Advertising Standards Authority on request.
19. If you win a Prize, then MHUK may ask you to sign a promotional release so that MHUK may use your name, county and photographs or other recordings of you in connection with the Prize in MHUK’s publicity concerning the competition and its products including on (or in) MHUK’s social media pages, websites, press releases and advertising.
20. MHUK reserves the right to suspend, cancel or amend the competition and / or revise these Terms and Conditions at any time without giving prior notice and, by continuing to take part in the competition subsequent to any revision, entrants shall be deemed to have agreed to the amended terms.
21. MHUK may, in its sole discretion disqualify entries deemed to be non-compliant with these Terms and Conditions or if it has any reason to believe that efforts have been made to distort the competitive process or the spirit of the competition.
22. All decisions of MHUK in relation to the competition are final and MHUK is not obliged to enter into any correspondence with participants. No message whether written or electronic, will be sent to non-winning participants.
23. The unauthorised reproduction, representation or use in any way of all or part of elements relating directly or indirectly to the competition, and any brands, logotypes or trade marks is strictly prohibited. All trade marks, logos and any other intellectual property rights are and shall remain the property of their respective owners.
24. The Terms and Conditions may be sent by mail free of charge to any person who requests them from MHUK in writing at any time before the Closing Date and for a period of one month thereafter.
25. If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is held invalid, such invalidity shall not affect the enforceability of any other provisions not held to be invalid.
26. All disputes, claims, issues and questions concerning the competition and these Terms and Conditions, or the rights and obligations of the participants and MHUK in connection with the competition, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the English law. Each participant agrees that the courts of England shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with the competition or these Terms and Conditions.
Data Protection Notice
27. MHUK will process your personal data (and if you win a prize for more than one person, the personal data of your guest(s)) to administer this competition and publicise the winner in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. The personal data may include your, or if you are a winner, your guest’s, name, contact details and any other information you provide to MHUK as part of this competition. MHUK will use this personal data for its own legitimate interests, such as to administer and manage the competition, or when required by law.
28. MHUK will keep the personal data for as long as is necessary to administer this competition and a reasonable period thereafter to deliver prizes, resolve disputes and comply with legal requirements.
29. MHUK will not share your personal data, or if you are a winner, the personal data of your guest(s), with any third party other than those engaged by MHUK to administer the competition and fulfil the prizes. MHUK will transfer and store personal data in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
30. You have the right to be removed from this competition at any time or to object to any use of your personal data not required to administer the competition, unless MHUK has compelling legitimate interests. However, this may result in the removal of your entry from the competition, and if you are a winner or a guest of a winner, will mean that you cannot receive or take up a prize. You, and if you are a winner, your guest(s), also have the right to access, amend, erase or receive a copy of the personal data in a portable form, to the extent permitted by law. If participants or guests of winners wish to exercise these rights in relation to the competition, they may contact Privacy-UK@moethennessy.com and they have the right to contact a data protection authority if they have any unresolved complaints.
31. These terms relate solely to the use of your personal data (and if applicable, your guest’s personal data) in relation to the competition.
Please register to stay in touch with Hennessy and receive our latest news.