A Hennessy X.O saga by Damien Chazelle
"LIFE IS THE GREATEST ODYSSEY"
For Hennessy X.O, the award-winning filmmaker created a movie within a movie that retraces a life in moments big and small, capturing the spirit of Hennessy X.O in an epic seven-minute director's cut.
"I have a soft spot for films where ..."
... PART OF THE MAGIC IS SEEING BEHIND THE CURTAINS, BUT THAT DOESN'T STOP YOU FROM BEING IMMERSED.
In Hennessy X.O’s third odyssey, a musician finds himself swept up in a dream world where time and space melt into a series of memories of the places he’s traveled, people he has loved, and the sounds and emotions of a lifetime. In an exclusive interview, director Damien Chazelle describes the way past, present and future converge in a series of experiences both fleeting and meaningful, and how a single drop of Hennessy X.O — like Proust's famed madeleine — can conjure enchanting memories. "Those in-between small moments that movies will often skip are just as important as the big ones," he says. "In the end, all lives are extraordinary."
BEHIND THE SCENES
Part of the magic is seeing the strings, but that doesn't stop you from being immersed in the story.
On location in Prague, a city with a deep history of theater and magic.
Filming in Prague by night: the magic of a moment
Unforgettable moments in remarkable places: Life is the greatest odyssey.
Like a silent film, a story without dialogue — just images and music.
The life memories of one character strike a universal chord.
In 1870, Maurice Hennessy created Hennessy X.O for his circle of friends and introduced a new style of cognac. Hennessy X.O is the Original, the emblematic icon of the Hennessy Maison. Deep and powerful, the eaux-de-vie of this Hennessy X.O cognac are aged in young barrels and marked out by their power and energy, but also by their capacity to achieve a great roundness through time. Our Tasting Committee has explored every facet of the blend and identified several emotions that were assimilated to an Odyssey through 7 chapters:
- Sweet Notes: The palate is warmly embraced by flavors of candied fruit.
- Rising Heat: The intriguing sensation of an intense, rising heat slowly reveals the complex taste of eaux-de-vie patiently aged in oak barrels.
- Spicy Edge: Perception of a strong spicy cognac note, tantalising the lips and palate with its distinct peppery flavor intertwined with a hint of chocolate.
- Flowing Flame: A wave of warmth grows, crests and then breaks. A robust presence, full and voluptuous, is felt.
- Chocolate Lull: There is the gradual discovery of something very familiar. It is the well-rounded flavor of a rich, dark chocolate.
- Wood Crunches: A striking sensation is suddenly felt – the vigorous ebb and flow of oak notes interlaced with vanilla.
- Infinite Echo: The evanescent oak notes leave a long, omnipresent finish in their wake. Seemingly endless, it echoes all of the subtleties of each taste and sensation that has preceded it.
Please register to stay in touch with Hennessy and receive our latest news.