AN X.O ODYSSEY OF LOVE
Past meets present and future as a forty-something musician takes stock of his own life. His saga is both personal and universal: a love story filled with hopes, dreams and emotion.
Filmed by Damien Chazelle and scored by his longtime collaborator, the awardwinning composer Justin Hurwitz, "Life is an Odyssey" centers on the idea of evanescent emotions that spark an odyssey, yet it offers each viewer the freedom to fill in and complete the picture based on his or her own life experience.
Of the hero, the director explains, "He finds himself swept away by these memories which eventually give way to a version of the future that could ultimately be a reality, or could be premonitions and fantasies."
The most fleeting of emotions can trigger an odyssey wherein childhood, early adulthood, and the future overlap,” says Damien Chazelle. "With Hennessy X.O I looked into one person’s memories while leaving the audience to complete the picture.
A timeless love story
Memories, suspended in time
Light and shadow stir emotion
A window for looking out, and within
In 1870, Maurice Hennessy created Hennessy X.O for his circle of friends and introduced a new style of cognac. Hennessy X.O is the Original, the emblematic icon of the Hennessy Maison.
Deep and powerful, the eaux-de-vie of this Hennessy X.O cognac are aged in young barrels and marked out by their power and energy, but also by their capacity to achieve a great roundness through time.
Our Tasting Committee has explored every facet of the blend and identified several emotions that were assimilated to an Odyssey through 7 chapters:
- Sweet Notes: The palate is warmly embraced by flavors of candied fruit.
- Rising Heat: The intriguing sensation of an intense, rising heat slowly reveals the complex taste of eaux-de-vie patiently aged in oak barrels.
- Spicy Edge: Perception of a strong spicy cognac note, tantalising the lips and palate with its distinct peppery flavor intertwined with a hint of chocolate.
- Flowing Flame: A wave of warmth grows, crests and then breaks. A robust presence, full and voluptuous, is felt.
- Chocolate Lull: There is the gradual discovery of something very familiar. It is the well-rounded flavor of a rich, dark chocolate.
- Wood Crunches: A striking sensation is suddenly felt – the vigorous ebb and flow of oak notes interlaced with vanilla.
- Infinite Echo: The evanescent oak notes leave a long, omnipresent finish in their wake. Seemingly endless, it echoes all of the subtleties of each taste and sensation that has preceded it.
Please register to stay in touch with Hennessy and receive our latest news.