Our sustainable viticulture
For more than 20 years, our Maison, Hennessy, has been developing solutions to promote ever more sustainable viticulture, every day and in close collaboration with our 1,600 wine-grower partners.
Our terroir is precious and on our 180 hectares of vines, we cultivate and trial practices to protect and transmit a wine-growing heritage rooted in “living” soils.
Our research takes us onto paths that combine technological innovation – confined-spray tractors, an experimental robot for mechanical weeding in the rows – and a return to traditional practices: pruning, floral fallow plants and eco-grazing using sheep.
Today, Hennessy is going further and accelerating its practices to promote biodiversity in vineyards through an agroforestry program. On 40 hectares of our vineyards, we are planting shrub hedges and trees to create ecological corridors between biodiversity reserves. With over 5,000 trees representing 30 different species and more than 4 km of hedges, we are restoring a more sustainable ecosystem that benefits our planet.
The men and women working for Hennessy share the lessons learned with our 1,600 wine-grower partners in the region and contribute to the sector’s efforts to obtain Cognac Environmental Certification.
Responsible cultivation of the planet is a commitment to collective success – our planet, where we wish to play our part, and go even further.
In 1870, Maurice Hennessy created Hennessy X.O for his circle of friends and introduced a new style of cognac. Hennessy X.O is the Original, the emblematic icon of the Hennessy Maison.
Deep and powerful, the eaux-de-vie of this Hennessy X.O cognac are aged in young barrels and marked out by their power and energy, but also by their capacity to achieve a great roundness through time.
Our Tasting Committee has explored every facet of the blend and identified several emotions that were assimilated to an Odyssey through 7 chapters:
- Sweet Notes: The palate is warmly embraced by flavors of candied fruit.
- Rising Heat: The intriguing sensation of an intense, rising heat slowly reveals the complex taste of eaux-de-vie patiently aged in oak barrels.
- Spicy Edge: Perception of a strong spicy cognac note, tantalising the lips and palate with its distinct peppery flavor intertwined with a hint of chocolate.
- Flowing Flame: A wave of warmth grows, crests and then breaks. A robust presence, full and voluptuous, is felt.
- Chocolate Lull: There is the gradual discovery of something very familiar. It is the well-rounded flavor of a rich, dark chocolate.
- Wood Crunches: A striking sensation is suddenly felt – the vigorous ebb and flow of oak notes interlaced with vanilla.
- Infinite Echo: The evanescent oak notes leave a long, omnipresent finish in their wake. Seemingly endless, it echoes all of the subtleties of each taste and sensation that has preceded it.
You can send your favorite Hennessy stories to your loved ones in one click, you will find in the redirect links below the possibility to share your favorite stories on your social networks.
Please register to stay in touch with Hennessy and receive our latest news.