The Sazerac, named after a famous bar in Louisiana, was created in 1850 by Aaron Bird, an inspired mixologist. The cognac’s warmth and spices, coupled with the bitters and balanced out by crisp notes of lemon, blends with the absinthe perfectly.
- difficulty level: easy
- difficulty level: intermediate
- difficulty level: advanced
- 50 ml Hennessy V.S.O.P Privilège
- 5 ml Absinthe
- 15 ml Simple syrup
- 4 Angostura bitter dashes
- 1 Lemon zest
- Combine the Hennessy V.S.O.P Privilège, syrup, and bitters in a mixing glass with ice cubes.
- Stir until well chilled.
- Strain into a Rocks glass wahed with Absinthe.
- Garnish with lemon twist.
Hennessy V.S.O.P Privilège
Hennessy V.S.O.P Privilège is a balanced cognac, expressing 200 years of Hennessy's know-how. The fruit of nature’s uncertainties, this unique blend has tamed the elements to craft and embody the original concept of cognac. The emotion awakened by the pleasure of tasting it continually reveals new facets of its personality.
The savoir-faire of the Maison Hennessy is fully expressed in this balanced cognac: the selection of eaux-de-vie, aging and assemblage. A cognac of remarkable consistency and vitality, Hennessy V.S.O.P Privilège conveys all of the savoir-faire of the Hennessy master blenders who have ensured the continued success of this harmonious assemblage for 200 years.
Please register to stay in touch with Hennessy and receive our latest news.